Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Starting the new year with a bang

2012 was a tough year. After 5 failed IUI cycles and 1 failed IVF cycle we are ready to start 203 with a bang. I spent the last 3 days waking up early for monitoring appointments. For those of you who know me, you know I am not a morning person. Anyway on January 1st I got the call that I would be triggering that night at 8:30pm and that egg retrieval would be the morning of the 3rd. What a great way to start the new year!!! My E2 was over 2100 and I have 16 follicles on my right and 14 on my left, most were ranging from 18-20mm in size. I am ready for the Easter egg hunt to begin. I am pretty bloated and they are worried about OHSS, so I stocked up on Gatorade and have cut back on my water intake.
I have to arrive at the surgical center at 6am on Thursday and it is an almost 2 hour drive so it looks like it will be an early morning for me. At least I will be able to sleep the rest of the day. I will of course update you on how many eggs we get. This time around we decided to do ICSI right from the start so hopefully we will have lots of fertilized eggs on Friday morning.

2 comments: