Pages

Monday, April 9, 2012

Play the game with the cards you're dealt with

Today has been a rather craptastic day. Why you may ask? Well as soon as I got to work I pulled my cell phone out of my purse (as I always do so that I can get all caught up on my Words with Friends) only to notice that I missed a call from Shady Grove, my Fertility Clinic. I listened to the message that was in my voicemail and it was like someone just took the wind out of my sail. Nurse D said in her message that my genetic test were back and that I tested positive as a carrier for Cystic Fibrosis. Come again, What????? How is this possible? Why me? There are so many questions I have and I don't even now where to begin. I called Nurse D back and she explained to me that now we need to get DH tested. So just when I thought I would get to start my medicated cycle next week, it appears that will not be happening. I have gone onto the Counsyl website and ordered the kit for DH so the timeline for this test is that the package will hopefully ship today and we will have it by Wednesday, DH will provide his spit sample and then we will send it back the next day. So it looks like Counsyl will have the test back in their hands on 4/13 to start the testing which takes 2-3 weeks. Ugh!!!! That means the results won't be back in time for my next cycle to start sometime around 4/16. So now it is looking like we will not be able to begin our medicated IUI cycle until my next cycle sometime around May15th, and that will only happen if DH is not a carrier. I don't ask for a lot, but please oh please do not let him be a carrier too!!!!
I know that there is nothing that I can do in the meantime, but it makes me sad. The only thing I can do is play the game with the cards I am dealt with. I guess we will cross the next bridge when we get there.
In case you didn't know this already IF SUCKS!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment