Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

Weekend Update

What a great weekend! I got off of work on Friday at the usual time and went home. It was hubby's shift so he would be working all night and that would leave me home alone with the puppies. I decided that this would be a great chance for me to finally finish my book "Skinny Dipping" by Bethenny Frankel. In my opinion the book was okay. It was an easy enough read but I never felt like the book pulled me in to the point that I had to read to find out what was going to happen next. I probably would have never picked this book to read except for the fact that the ladies on The Bump were reading it for the book club and I was so into the first book that they selected I figured I would try the second book too, since I really am trying to get into this whole reading thing.

Saturday morning I woke up at about 7:40am and finished the last few pages from my book since I feel asleep with my kindle in hand. After I was done with the book I went to let the dogs out and then started to clean up the kitchen while I waited for hubby to get home. While I was doing the few dishes from the night before I happened to look out the window and noticed and albino bird. I thought it was weird and then dismissed it as soon as DH walked in the door. He brought home some yummy sticky buns from a new local bakery. We noshed on breakfast and then went for a walk around the neighborhood. After the walk we made a run to the dump to get rid of our trash and then came home to get cleaned up for our day out. We went up to Northern Baltimore to our friends daughter's 4th birthday party. We had a great time just hanging out for a few hours and watching all the kids play. After the party was over we decided to run a few errands on our way home. One errand turned into walking all over Ikea and then off to another store for more of the same. We realized that it was getting late and we should probably stop for something to eat. So as luck would have it the weather was nice out so we decided to head back to the Shore and eat outside at Bridges.

Sunday we opted to not go for a walk and instead get straight to working on the house. I did some much needed cleaning while DH finished up the sanding of the drywall. Once I was one with cleaning both the bathrooms I came in to help DH so we could get some serious progress on our new laundry/storage room. He handed me a roller and I began to paint primer over all the walls while he cut in around the room. After the coat of primer was on the wall we took a trip to Lowe's so that we could pick up the actual paint color for the room and all the trim needed to finish the room off. We got the first coat of paint applied and then decided that we had completed enough work for the day and so we should celebrate with a candle light dinner Eastern Shore style.
Well that was the weekend for us. Hope you all had a great weekend!

1 comment: