Pages

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Date Night


With his work being a little crazy lately it has been hard to have a quite night at home with the hubby. I was excited for Monday night because it was going to be a very low key night for us. I got off work at the normal time and stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things for dinner. I made a new dish, it was Chorizo Sausage with a sweet potato hash (sweet potatoes, red onion, bell pepper and fennel all oven roasted). Dinner was in the oven when DH got home so that gave us a little bit of time to relax before we ate. I thought about setting the table with candles and having a romantic night in but my head was pounding and all I wanted to do was take a nap. I had to get the table set before he walked in the door because it was injection night. I know I could totally do the injections by myself but I rather he do them so he is more a part of the whole process. So here is how I set up the table for him before he got home.

After the injection and dinner we relaxed on the couch. We both have a serious sweet tooth that was wanting something so I whipped up some instant chocolate pudding with graham crackers, strawberries, chocolate chips and whipped cream. Yummy!!! A soon as we finished dinner I got a text message that there was a commercial building fire in our area so it was time to jump into action. For those of you who may not know DH and I both volunteer at our local firehouse (FH). We hopped in the truck and raced to the FH. Hubby was on the first Engine out and I was on the Rescue. It turned out that it was nothing just a power surge and a lot of smoke in the building. It was fun to get out and play for a little bit. It always seems like whenever DH and I have a low key date night around the island we always end up getting something good. 


That's a picture of us after we cleaned up while we were waiting for the power company to get there. Just another crazy date night for us on the island.

No comments:

Post a Comment